Monday, November 27, 2017

Will Taking Turmeric Stop Gout Attack?

I started to feel some sharp pain in my big toe this afternoon and realized that I left my cherry extract somewhere while I was traveling for Thanksgiving.  So I looked in my pantry for some turmeric, mixed about half a teaspoon with 8 ounces of water and drank.  I'll be sure to let you know if that stops a gout attack.  I'm not sure if I would end up having a gout attack if no action is taken though.  While I look on Amazon for some more cherry extract I'm going to add a uric acid meter to my shopping cart.  I think it would be a good idea to start measuring my uric acid levels and making modifications to my diet.

*UPDATE*

December 4, 2017:  I found my cherry extract last Thursday but the soreness in my toe and thumb remains.  My hands are stiff in the mornings.  My hips may be affected too.  My toe gets tingly and hot feeling here and there.  No full blown attack yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SI Joint Pain and Bursitis in both Hips

It looks like 23andme does not test for enough markers relating to psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.  I recently developed wha...