Monday, January 29, 2018

Gout Progression: Almost Fell Over Walking!

I took a short break from searching my genome to compile all the research I had on gout.  Soon enough I'll be able to use that to come up with a new diet.  It looks like my situation is getting serious so I need to complete that within the next few weeks.  This morning I got out of bed and almost fell over after taking a step.  There was a bit of pain in my right hip joint.  I almost fell over again walking to another part of the house.  So here I am, with increasing trouble with mobility, and my first born child is almost walking like a pro.  How's that for irony?

I gather that the SLC2A9 and ABCG2 dysfunction contribute to the serious nature of my gout.  I suspect that there is something else going on in my genome though.  The ABCG2 dysfunction could be worse than I could detect looking at the 23andme raw data, which could account for the young age of onset, 27, and subsequent rapid progression of the gout, I'm 31.  I do not take in an excessive amount of purines, nor drink much alcohol or sodas, I got rid of all the baby weight, and take daily walks.  I'm guessing the ABCG2 protein is functioning a little at least but it would be interesting to see how much. There's also some indication that another gene is controlling the expression of the SLC2A9 gene, but who knows what gene that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SI Joint Pain and Bursitis in both Hips

It looks like 23andme does not test for enough markers relating to psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.  I recently developed wha...