Monday, January 22, 2018

Gout Progression Update: Stiff Thumb Joint

I ordered a gout monitor and test strips a few weeks ago in order to get a baseline measurement of my uric acid level.  Unfortunately, the test strips in the monitor kit and test strip package were defective.  Upon reading the requirements for the test stripes, the weather and shipping method was probably not conducive to getting accurate readings.  The weather was near freezing and the test strips need not be exposed to extreme temperatures.  The issue is that I need to find a place locally to get a uric acid monitor and test strips.
Glucose monitors are all over the place so maybe I find one that also does uric acid.  


My gout is progressively impacting my ability to do daily activities.  I woke up with a really sore thumb joint a few days ago.  The night before I had about 4 oz of red wine.  Maybe I cannot have any alcohol at all now.  I could not bend my thumb all the way and had difficulty picking up my 10 month old daughter.  It eventually got less stiff as the morning progressed.  I need to measure my uric acid and also find a doctor that is more familiar with the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SI Joint Pain and Bursitis in both Hips

It looks like 23andme does not test for enough markers relating to psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.  I recently developed wha...