Saturday, February 24, 2018

Gout Progression Update: Blood work

Hopefully my story could be used to further research on gout.  So again, I'll provide an update about the progression of my gout case.  I could not obtain a uric acid meter that accurately measured the uric acid level in my blood, so I decided to go to a doctor to get checked out.  So far, all I did was get my blood drawn.  My doctor thought it prudent to check my uric acid level, blood counts, and liver and kidney function.  We'll see what she found soon!  I'm guessing she's checking for any indications for an autoimmune disease and seeing if my kidneys are performing as they should be and other things doctors know to check for.  I checked all I had data for on the ABCG2 gene.  So far, it looks like I'm homozygous for the Q141K mutation.  I would not have thought my fingers, thumbs, hips, and toes would be affected by arthritis at such a young age.  I wonder if there's some undetectable deletion on the ABCG2 gene.  I may never know, but I'm curious what that uric acid level is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SI Joint Pain and Bursitis in both Hips

It looks like 23andme does not test for enough markers relating to psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.  I recently developed wha...